Don’t have a credit card or are you uncomfortable using your credit cards online? No problem, AA Floors & More now accepts Interac e-Transfer.
What is an Interac e-Transfer?
Interac e-Transfer is a simple, convenient, and secure way to send and receive money directly from one bank account to another. All you need is access to online or mobile banking through a participating financial institution, and you can send money to anyone with an email address or mobile phone number and a bank account in Canada — without sharing any personal or financial information. It’s a great alternative to cheques and cash.
How do I complete the Interac e-Transfer?
Step 1: Login into your bank account online.
Step 2: Locate Interac e-Transfer, usually found in the Transfer/Payments menu.
Step 3: Fill in the following Interac e-Transfer information accordingly…
a) Recipient’s email: firstname.lastname@example.org (please DO NOT use this email for any inquiries as we will not respond. Please use our “Contact” page for all communications)
b) Payment amount: $XXX.XX (this is the total amount of your order calculated, including taxes and shipping fees if applicable).
c) Account from which to withdraw your funds: Whichever account you wish.
d) Security Question: Please enter the following for the Security Question…”Invoice number”
e) Security Answer: Please enter your 6 digit invoice number that you have received from us. We will use your order number as the Security Answer. No one has access to this number except you, the customer, and us the seller. This will save time and the need for further communication and allow your order to ship much sooner.
f) Add option personal message: This is an optional feature. Please add any notes you wish.
***Important to know: Your money never travels by email. Email is only used to notify the recipient of the transfer.***
Step 4: The email notification, not the money, is sent to our secure Email Inbox. Upon logging into our bank account, we will then use the Security Answer (your order number) to deposit the order payment into our bank account.
How your Interac e-Transfer is protected
With Interac e-Transfer, your money never actually travels by email or text message. Email and text messages are only used to notify the recipient and to provide instructions on how to deposit the money. Your financial institution and your recipient’s financial institution transfer funds using established and secure banking procedures.
Interac e-Transfer rely on several security measures:
- Encryption technology
- Confidential user IDs and passwords issued by financial institutions
- A secure login process
- A security question and answer to ensure only the intended recipient receives the money
- Always be careful when sending money
- An Interac e-Transfer transaction cannot be reversed once the recipient of the funds has deposited the transfer. You must obtain a refund directly from the recipient.
The benefits of Interac e-Transfer
- Send and receive money directly from and to your existing bank account
The money can be accessed immediately after the transfer is accepted
To send an Interac e-Transfer, all you need is the recipient’s email address or mobile phone number
- Never share personal or financial information with the people you send money to: keep your address, phone number and account information private
The security question protects your transfer from being deposited by unintended recipients
- No need to set up new accounts, user ID or passwords — you’re already in online banking
- Email and/or text message carries the notification, so no need to get stamps or to find a mailbox
- Tracking your transfer
- As a sender – Interac e-Transfer confirmation numbers are saved in your online banking history. In addition, you will receive an email notification and/or text message once the intended recipient has accepted the transfer.
Interac e-Transfer participants
If you’re a member of any of the following financial institutions or banks below you can use Interac e-transfer:
BMO Bank of Montreal
Caisse Populare de Clare
City Savings Financial Services
Community Savings Credit Union
Conexus Credit Union Credit Union
Creston & District Credit Union
Interior Savings Credit Union
Island Savings Credit Union
Kingston Community Credit Union
Libro Financial Group
Mennonite Savings and Credit Union
Northern Credit Union
Northern Lights Credit Union
OPPA Credit Union
PenFinancial Credit Union
President’s Choice Financial
Prospera Credit Union
RBC Royal Bank of Canada
Rochdale Credit Union
TCU Financial Group
TD Canada Trust
Teachers Credit Union
Unigasco Community Credit Union
United Communities Credit Union
Unity Savings and Credit Union
VantageOne Credit Union
Westminster Savings Credit Union
Windsor Family Credit Union
Your Credit Union