Primatech 550ALR 18GA Pneumatic Nailer w/Roller Base
The 550ALR is equipped with the PrimSurfer roller base. The PrimSurfer fulfills the need for increased speed and precision in large surface as well as residential flooring jobs. Its two-way fluid sideshift extends the natural hand movement and matches the agility of the installer, allowing a constant, comfortable posture that prevents “top nailing”. Not having to lift the tool repeatedly eases off the feeling of tension in the users arm and back. PrimSurfer also provides a substantial gain in time and installed surface, which translates into more benefits for the contractor. First to develop and perfect this groundbreaking addition, Primatech keeps improving it with a new generation composite and lighter carrier frame for its adjustable EXPERT series flooring tools.
Main features of the 550ALR Version:
The 550ALR version features a fully adjustable baseplate providing 3 distinctive advantages:
- Assembled with A866 PrimeSurfer roller base
- Short nose and compact valve design provide an all around striking surface, enabling the nailing of more boards closer to the end walls.
- No shims required. The built-in adjuster eliminates the use of shims to match the board thickness.
- Can be actuated from any angle
- Light mallet impact will set nail perfectly
- No recoil
- Simplified maintenance
- 3/8″ to 3/4″ (10 to 19 mm) flooring
- No shims required : the built-in adjuster eliminates the use of shims to match the board thickness
Common features to all versions of the 550:
- High speed action and minimal moving parts result in a powerful yet soft stroke, a shorter air-saving cycle and increased precision.
- Striking system that regulates the depth of penetration independently from the mallet impact.
- Finely threaded screw-in cartridge assembly for precision, easy dismantling and durability.
- Primpact striking module.
- Ergonomically designed for efficient handling.
- Heavy duty cast aluminum body.
- Safety mechanism embedded in baseplate.
- Highest grade steel piston and driving blade will last longer under repeated impacts.
- Low center of gravity and perfect balance provide stability.
- On-site maintenance. An Allen wrench is supplied for essential adjustments.
- Comfort grip.
- Wood friendly composite shoe.
- Extruded aluminum nail channel.
height - 17-3/4" (451 mm), length - 14-1/2" (368 mm), width - 5-1/4" (133 mm), weight - 8.75 lbs (3.96 kg). Fastener range - 1-1/4" to 1-3/4" 18GA L cleats. Magazine capacity - 110 cleats. Operating pressure - 80-110 PSI.